Terms & Conditions
Work Group H
Rob Moulds - BAM Nuttall Steve Cross - Royal Haskoning
Robin Dawson - DCP
Richard Dinnis - Geocentrix
The general approach for the Working group is to address the perception/ reality that working
platforms are becoming increasingly overdesigned and are costing the industry financially and
also the cost to environment in terms of embodied energy.
1. Clarification/guidance on use of steel/timber matting on piling platforms or adequate substrate
2. Clarification/comments on existing design method proposed by BRE470
3. Comments/guidance on the use of plate bearing tests to validate the platform for use. Is
the use of method specifications a better way forward?
4. Evaluation of maximum and distribution of bearing pressure under crane / piling rig
tracks. Manufacturers / suppliers responsibility?
5. Use of Hydraulically bound materials (HBM) including cement bond materials within working platforms
6. Assessment of environmental impact of various platform solutions. Emissions/embodied
energy in stone/material platforms including quarrying, transport, manufacture, placement, recovery, re-use, end-of-life.
Updated by Mark Bramley, 06/03/2013
Printer friendly page
Provided by Webforum